Saturday 5 March 2011

Drinking With The Drive-By Truckers

'You know the bottle ain't to blame and I ain't trying to, it don't make you do a thing it just lets you.
When I'm six feet underground, I'll need a drink or two, and I'll sure miss you.’

It’s the weekend, I don’t know what it’s like where you live but around these parts the weekend is drenched in booze. There's nothing like a cold beer at the end of the week and a soundtrack to go along with it.
Well the country rock southern swaggered sound of the Drive-By Truckers fit’s the bill perfectly. Not just that but have some great songs about drinking. Whether it’s about a four day bender that ‘was a lot of fun until I shot my gun and the neighbours called the law.'



Or a man who needs a drink when he gets home to deal with his mundane life. Or falling asleep on the floor again, with boots still on and a cut on the chin. Or going to a rock concert, getting drunk and being pulled over by the police on the way home. Or finding a new best friend called Jack Daniels.
Right, it’s beer o’clock time!

Get 'Women Without Whiskey' Here