Sunday 31 July 2011

From Guitar Hero, Social Distortion

Apparently Foghat had a resurgence in popularity when one of their songs appeared on the video game Guitar Hero. Suddenly a whole new generation was being introduced to their crap boogie-blues-70s rock. It was my first introduction to Foghat as they are not at all well known in the UK, even though its where the band are from.
I played that edition of Guitar Hero and sure it was fun playing along to Foghat, but it was also fun to play along to the Scorpions. Neither bands I intend to listen to outside the realms of Guitar Hero.
After spending some time with the game Story of My Life by the Californian band Social Distortion is a song that I did want to investigate more. It sounds like a punk band covering Creedence Clearwater Revial and is much easier to play on an actual guitar than on the medium level on Guitar Hero. The album by the same name is worth getting too.



Download an mp3 of Social Distortion - Story of My Life from here.