Tuesday 19 April 2011

A Good Reason To Download Music Illegally?

So illegal downloading is wrong as it affects the bands, record companies, and its stealing. Which is why its illegal, but Is there a good reason to download music illegally? Well in the last week I’ve downloaded albums by Therapy, Smashing Pumkins, Ash, Supergrass, and Ned's Atomic Dustbin. I already own albums by these bands on cassette tapes so why should I buy them again? Am I really going to buy the Ned’s Atomic Dustbin in a new format every ten years? I don’t think so. They’re an alright indie band that I really liked when I was at school but I don’t plan in parting with anymore money to hear them.
Why was I buying music on cassettes anyway? Because back then CD’s were about five quid more expensive than what they cost now days. I started buying CD’s when I got a job, which also coincided with CD’s generally dropping in price to around an affordable ten pound mark. I own quite a few cassettes but I’ve not bothered to download all that music as I know that it will just be a waste of space on my hard drive. Maybe one day I will feel the need to download Pantera’s Vulgar Display of Power or my Metalica and Megadeath albums, but not in the immediate future.
One thing for sure is that I won’t ever feel the need to download the Ugly Kid Joe album that I have.

DL Ned's Atomic Dustbin: Suave And Suffocated mp3 from here