Sunday 12 June 2011

Hüsker Dü - Remastered, Reunion, If Only

Hüsker Dü is on heavy rotation at the moment, and what I’ve noticed is that if any band really needs their back catalogue to be remastered then its Hüsker Dü. Zen Arcade is such a good album but the drums sometimes sound as if they were recorded by one cheep microphone at the other end of the room, the guitar sound is so thin and the bass low in the mix. I can imagine is sounding better on vinyl but it needs a brighter sound on the CD and maybe a remix. Their later albums on a major record label sound better but when I have my ipod on shuffle and something from Candy Apple Grey or Warehouse: Songs and Stories pops up its considerably lower volume than whatever was playing before it.
Hüsker Dü are also the one band that I would like to see on a reunion tour, every other band that broke up ages ago seems to be doing it so why shouldn't they cash in? From what I've read it sounds like Brett Hart and Bob Mould still can’t stand the sight of one another so I don't see a reunion or a remastering of their back catologue happening anytime soon.

Download or preview Husker Du - Pink Turns To Blue mp3 from here.