Thursday 9 June 2011

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Ramble Tamble

Sometime around the early to mid part of the last decade I got a copy of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s greatest hits. The only song I thought that I knew by them was the bouncy one about the end of the world coming called Bad Moon Rising. But when playing it I was surprised just how many more songs I recognised from films or a pub jukebox.
After a few listens of the greatest hits collection it wasn’t enough, so I went the whole way and bought the box-set that contains every song they ever did and a bunch of live recordings. It was money well spent.
The bulk of their work is punchy three minute bar band chugging rock &roll. A perfect soundtrack to drink a beer to. But there’s also a few songs with extended jams that stretch out to seven minutes or so. Like Ramble Tamble that’s filled with memorable riffs, tempo changes and an instrumental part that builds and builds until it breaks down and goes back into the original riff. For me it’s a hidden classic.

Download or preview Creedence Clearwater Revival - Ramble Tamble mp3 from here.