Saturday 19 February 2011

Band Name Prejudice

Elbow's new album ‘Build A Rocket Boys!’ is released on March 7th. I first got into Elbow when their second album and in my opinion their best ‘Cast of Thousands’ had been out about a year. I was aware of them before and what I ’d heard I quite liked, but I was put off by their name. I mean who would name their band after an awkward sounding body part. I don’t know how they all agreed on it. It’s so bad. But then again they were originally called Soft. That’s even worse.

Guy Garvey from Elbow has often stated that their music is influenced by the eighties band Talk Talk. Talk Talk made some great records but it’s a crap name. Not so much at the time but if you type their name into a search engine now you get a load of offers on a phone and broadband package. Until their fourth album The National used to have a Google search problem. You had to trawl through National Express, National Geographic, National Rail, National enquirer... it went on. But not as bad as any band with the word fuck in their name.



I'm over my band name prejudice's, apart from the band !!!.

Talk Talk: Life's What You Make It Here