Tuesday 22 February 2011

Back To Arab Strap

The music of the Scottish duo Arab Strap, consisting of Vocalist Adrian Moffat and
multi-instrumentalist Malcolm Middleton passed me by during their ten year recording career.
I wish I was into them at the time, and looked forward to their latest realises and checked out their tour dates in the listing sections of the NME but in the mid-nineties I guess I wasn’t ready for their restrained, brooding melancholy music. I was listening to generally more upbeat stuff like with distorted guitars like Super Furry Animals, Oasis, Sonic Youth and The Who. But of course the records are still there to be heard, so over the last year or so I’ve been making my way through Arab Strap’s back catalogue. If you’re unfamiliar with their stuff and don’t know where to begin then I would suggest starting with the album The Red Thread and work from there. But I wouldn’t recommend that you put it on when getting ready for a Saturday night out.



Get Arab Strap: The Love Detective here