Tuesday 27 March 2012

Bjork - Joga

Bjork's last album Biophilia wasn’t the best work that she’s ever done. Yes it was a conceptual project that had a downloadable application that you can make music with. Or something like that, I’m not quite sure. That’s all fine, but the songs never really matched the grand scale of the project. And the main instrument is one that goes plink plonk all the way through.
What said Bjork has done some fine stuff and I’m sure she will in the future. Lately I’ve been listening a lot to her forth album Homogenic. The album has a great sound with a mix of electronic beats and strings, but it’s the fine song writing that makes it work. I used to think that Debut was the best Bjork album but I’ve now come around to thinking that it’s Homogenic.

Follow link to download Bjork - Joga from box.com